MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change the templates at once?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to change all the templates instead of going in each template setting one by one?

E.g I want to add a header to all the templates.
not sure about that.. Big Grin
Search and replace feature??
(2009-12-20, 09:06 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Search and replace feature??

How does that change all the templates at once?
Well it's easier if there's a common thing to search and replace, if you want to add it to specific templates it's probably just easier to go through and do it manually. You can't add a header to "all" templates as that'll just break everything.
(2009-12-20, 10:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Well it's easier if there's a common thing to search and replace, if you want to add it to specific templates it's probably just easier to go through and do it manually. You can't add a header to "all" templates as that'll just break everything.

Okay, thank you for your help Smile
I mean it could be possible to do it with that, you could search for {$header} and set it to replace it with {$header}{$custom_whatever} and that would update whatever templates have the header in, that's about the best you could get without doing it manually.
(2009-12-20, 10:57 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I mean it could be possible to do it with that, you could search for {$header} and set it to replace it with {$header}{$custom_whatever} and that would update whatever templates have the header in, that's about the best you could get without doing it manually.

Okay, thank you for your help Smile