MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there any way to display animated gifs in MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They always seem to only show one frame, or break and display nothing.

Why is this? Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks,

El Smile
Don't use them. They're just annoying.
(2009-12-21, 02:25 AM)elwave Wrote: [ -> ]They always seem to only show one frame, or break and display nothing.

Why is this? Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks,

El Smile

Are you talking about smilies? If so you definitely can: http://betarelease.net/showthread.php?tid=40
If the image path is correct and they're uploaded properly they will work fine.
(2009-12-21, 02:53 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If the image path is correct and they're uploaded properly they will work fine.

I mean like when someone sets one as their avatar, or puts it in a post linked by the URL.

I know they can be annoying but members like them and sometimes they can serve a purpose within the continuation of a convo!

I mean, let's try it here:

[Image: 1238409599_nom_nom.gif]

that should be a lil gif of a deer! ^_^

can you see it?

EDIT -- oh my you CAN!! O.O

I wonder what is wrong with my board then... I am on 1.4.8 does that make a difference? o.O I was wary of updating because someone warned me it might break plugins and stuff? Is that possible?
It won't break plugins, or break anything, if done properly.

Not sure what to suggest though really, upgrading is advised but I'd be very surprised if it fixed this, purely because this isn't a problem that was fixed in any update.
My only thought is that if someone uploads an avatar which is too big, it is resized via GD. This resizing process may result in a new /gif with only the first frame.
I just want to add something:

(2009-12-23, 02:14 PM)elwave Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what is wrong with my board then...

The size of the GIF you're trying to upload must be exceeding your board "avatar max size" setting.

Would be nice if the MyBB resizing process could take the animated GIF without dropping his frames.