MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Texas Animal Rescue - Give me feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey everyone, I launched my forums on 8/9/09 and I would like yalls feedback on where I can improve.

http://www.AnimalRescueForums.com/forums
You have to many forums with not enough posts imho. Maybe merge a couple of them.
(2009-12-21, 09:12 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]You have to many forums with not enough posts imho. Maybe merge a couple of them.

Good Post
I was able to cut down 3 forums just now. Do you think I should mergge more?
As your forum appears to be flexible width, I suggest that you center the image in the header for people with larger screens - I'm on a 22" widescreen, and it doesn't look right. Either that, or make the page fixed width.

Hope that helps!
(2009-12-21, 09:35 PM)proautotint Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-21, 09:12 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]You have to many forums with not enough posts imho. Maybe merge a couple of them.

Good Post
I was able to cut down 3 forums just now. Do you think I should mergge more?

Yep its pretty good, i would start to try to fill them now though.
(2009-12-21, 10:09 PM)vividWire Wrote: [ -> ]As your forum appears to be flexible width, I suggest that you center the image in the header for people with larger screens - I'm on a 22" widescreen, and it doesn't look right. Either that, or make the page fixed width.

Hope that helps!

I tried to center the image in the header but coudln't figure it out. Can you guide me?

Yea I have a 15" laptop and the screen looks proportional, but I can image on 22" monitor that it looks out of place.

What percentage width are you guys using for your forums or are you all setting it to pixels? If so, how many?
The "General Animal Talk" should be the last forum in the category that it is in.
(2009-12-22, 01:10 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]The "General Animal Talk" should be the last forum in the category that it is in.

I dont know. I like it were it is but I think the forum could use a better name to make it fit at the top spot. What do you think?
It's your forum, but what I see is this...

Quote:General Animal Talk
All other animal topics that don't fit into the other categories should go here.

I see two categories, the "Welcome" category and the "General" category. So I'm assuming that you made a slight error in this text "All other animal topics that don't fit into the other categories should go here", the word "categories" should in fact be "forums". Which if that's the case, to have a "general" forum above all the others would seem very odd because folks would read that first, then have to read all the others to see what they can't post in it. It might also make it easier for your Admin/Mods to control posts having to be moved to the right forums.

But again, it's your forum.

As for the name, I'm not sure why you've used a states name with it unless it's based for just in Texas. If it's based for all over the US then come up with a better name, or if it's an international forum, think of something else.
Lufbra, your feedback is much appreciated. You were right on many points and I took your opinion into consideration and just made some changes. The idea I had was right in my opinion, but I think I went wrong with the text part. I messed up some words and sentences and made certain areas out to be confusing or out of place.

Anyway, check my update and give me your opinion.
Pages: 1 2 3