MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Everything is 404 File Not Found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is this the correct forum for UPGRADE issues? I upgraded (seemingly successfully) to 1.4.10 today. Contents of /upload transferred to server with exception of /inc/settings.php. I followed all instructions to a tee. Used the web based upgrade utility to complete the upgrade. The only thing I did not do yet is to remove the install directory from my server.

Problem: All forums on my bb are now showing '404-Not Found' error.

Help pls!
www.-comp-ress-ions-tocki-nginfo.com (remove the hyphens).
Thanks!!
Make sure you have your .htaccess properly named in your root folder.
Thanks Matt, but I'm not very comfortable playing with .htaccess because I dont know what it's doing.... I have 3 files on the root: .htaccess , .htaccess.1 , and .htaccess.2
I have no idea how I got 3 files, but I'm attaching all 3. Pls tell me what exactly to do.
Thanks again

(2009-12-21, 08:17 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you have your .htaccess properly named in your root folder.
They contain rewrite rules for Google SEO but I don't know why they're in files with those names, those rewrite rules should be in the main one... delete the ones ending in .1 and .2 and see what happens then.
Matt, I deleted the .1 and .2 files but no change to the site. Still everything is 404. Before deleting those 2 files, I compared them (all 3) and the only difference between them was line 4. .htaccess had this
rewriterule ^(.*)$ http://www.com-pressi-onstocki-nginfo.com/$1 [r=301,nc]
htaccess.1 had this
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://www.comp-ressio-nstock-inginfo.com/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]
and .htaccess.2 had this
rewriterule ^(.*)$ http://www.compres-sions-tockingi-nfo.com/$1 [r=301,nc] 
Other things to try?
Thx

(2009-12-21, 10:30 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]They contain rewrite rules for Google SEO but I don't know why they're in files with those names, those rewrite rules should be in the main one... delete the ones ending in .1 and .2 and see what happens then.
Delete that file too then, download 1.4.10 again, upload a new copy htaccess.txt from there, and rename it to .htaccess
Just tried that... no good. Now I get the Google 404 page. Maybe I need to make the Google SEO edits to it and then retry?

(2009-12-22, 06:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Delete that file too then, download 1.4.10 again, upload a new copy htaccess.txt from there, and rename it to .htaccess
Yes, it'll need the Google SEO rewrite rules if you're using that.
Wow, getting crazy... I deactivated Google SEO plugin so now I have the stock .htaccess (renamed as such from the downloaded htaccess.txt) and it's still not working (still Google 404 error)

(2009-12-22, 06:35 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it'll need the Google SEO rewrite rules if you're using that.
It's cus you moved the forum from the forums directory to the main directory, move it back.
Pages: 1 2