MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding a theme.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.

I have uploaded images to change the tcat_bg, thread_bg etc... and was wondering if i could (instead of overwriting) upload an image and save it as tcat_bg1, thread_bg1 etc... and just change the ./image path to the new image in the theme manager?

Would this be possible?

Thanks.
of course u can, what ever name or path, u just have to specify it in the theme manager Smilebbye
you're better off not changing the names. It'll make your life easier. just copy the image folder, rename it and put it where ever you want and then replace whatever images you want. (i put mine in images/xxxxx/).
Quote:you're better off not changing the names. It'll make your life easier. just copy the image folder, rename it and put it where ever you want and then replace whatever images you want. (i put mine in images/xxxxx/).

well it;s not a problem having them all in the same folder!!
as u may choose from anyway , and so easy, from the theme manager.
i'm using 4 different table background images.

regards
I have a problem. I have uploaded the images and the work fine. The only problem is that i cant change the on, off, offlock buttons, well i can change them but it means overwritng them to make them show which is not what i want.

Is there a way around this like the ./images/xxxxx thing like nifftybobby suggested but how do i set that folder as default for the on, off, offlock images to show?
Hello
Sorry for double posting, but is it on modify/delete theme and where it shows 'images' by default, should i change it to images/xxxxx
?

Thanks.
my bad, i thought he was making more themes. where he'll be replacing more images ^^
Ok then.
Is there a way around this?

P.S - you cant make a new folder.

Thanks.
squirrel Wrote:Ok then.
Is there a way around this?

P.S - you cant make a new folder.

Thanks.

ok its easy to see your a n00b,

step A) Download the images folder to u r comp

step B) Re-name it

step C) override the images in the folder

step D) upload the folder with the new name

step E) In Theme Modification change the image path from /images to /whatever you named it

if u dont understand this, your such a n00b u shouldnt even own a website.
squirrel Wrote:Sorry for double posting, but is it on modify/delete theme and where it shows 'images' by default, should i change it to images/xxxxx
?

Exactly. Each theme should have its own folder for its images. You've already found the spot to specify where that folder is (ie the URL to it).

Good luck and Hana Hou!
Pages: 1 2