MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Simple Flash mycode/bbcode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am sure someone else has already done this.but just in case here is a simple flash code I made.

Title: Flash

Short Description: A flash bbcode

Regular Expression: \[flash\](.*?)\[/flash\](you can put what you want)

Replacement: <object width="400" height="400">
<param name="movie" value="$1">
<embed src="$1" width="400" height="400" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>
</object>

That simple Smile.
You need to configure it properly.

You'd probably want to disable fullscreen, redirects, etc.
i have used this method in the past, and it works great but has some drawbacks. While it is true that it passes validation, and it works in most/all browsers, it has a basic flawand that is this: it does not stream flash content to IE browsers. meaning, it waits for the entire movie to cache locally before showing a single frame. This is a result of the "data=" part of the tag. It is most inconvenient for very large flash files (like video) and requires the work-around of loading a small container .swf first that then loads your main content. and since you must pass a reference to the main content in the object tag, it makes templatizing your flash embeds more difficult.

On another note, just today I noticed that simply formatted embed tag seems to work for embedding flash in all browsers. For more than a year I've hearing the evils of the embed and how it will soon be gone, only to find that the embed turns out to be the most reliable. I'm beginning to think this whole w3c and validation biz might just be for the birds.
===============
New Homes | Cheap Flights
do you have sample ??