MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Upgrade - Themes messed up..?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Upgraded to 1.4.10 from a couple of versions down. 1.4.8 maybe? I'm not sure what the heck has happened but whatever theme I try the background doesn't show and it looks awful. My site is here. Also, most themes I do try to install I'm told they were made for a different version, even the recent ones. I am assuming this is because 1.4.10 is a recent update?

Anyway, any ideas as to what is causing this? I haven't really been using MyBB for a good few months so I decided to just do an upgrade, and wham, that happens.
Anybody? I can't see why a simple upgrade would cause this. Fortunately I did make a backup so I suppose I could try it, but it doubt that would make much of a difference. I might just try a fresh install, just writing down the names of my forums and the mods I had installed. I haven't even launched my site yet so aside from the work I did on the forums there are no threads to lose...
Make sure ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are CHMOD to 777, folders inside are 777, and files inside are 666. The stylesheets are giving a 403 error so it sounds like it's this.
Wow—thanks! Very beautiful to see the forums WITH a background now. Cheers for that! I swear I did the CHMOD steps correctly, but obviously not. Any way I can personally leave a small tip for you? I don't have much to spare at this time of year, but just as a small thank you. Merry Christmas.
Glad it's sorted Smile If you would like to donate it's probably better to donate to MyBB otherwise I'll just spend it on sweets Big Grin
Haha, no problem—done. It's only a small amount (can't physically pay more since the pressies cost a fortune) but I'd like to donate a greater amount in the future. Once again, Merry Christmas to everyone at MyBB, and thanks for the support.
You're welcome, all donations are appreciated, Merry Christmas to you too! Smile