MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.8 delima
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the google 1.8 installed on my forum. The problem is I have a message showing:
Your host does not seem to support mbstring. This may cause problems with UTF-8.

There is a conflict with UTF-8 It is non functional right now... so should I uninstall or is there a work around for it?
(2009-12-22, 06:50 AM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]I have the google 1.8 installed on my forum. The problem is I have a message showing:
Your host does not seem to support mbstring. This may cause problems with UTF-8.

There is a conflict with UTF-8 It is non functional right now... so should I uninstall or is there a work around for it?

Is that google 1.8 a plugin? What is the link to it?
I get an invalid link when I try to download the plugin.

Invalid Download

The download you are attempting to view appears to be invalid.
Yes, it's just updated and awaiting validation. It would be better if it still offered the old version for download during the validation period, but apparently, no one is able to implement a quick fix for this.

@Starnova:
See if it works without mbstring for you or talk to your host (or switch hosts).
I got it out of the here:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-46423.html which is now updated to Google SEO 1.1.9 I will upgrade after the holiday. I wrote to my host and asked him about the MBSTRING and I have received an email thanking me for pointing out the "error". The mbstring has been installed. Everything is working perfect. Thank you!