MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adsense Plugin - Ads after first post (for MyBB 1.4.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

Well a friend of mine invited me to use myBB so I figured I would give it a try and I must say the developers did an amazing job with it. I have come across my own problems however, and I wanted to help those of you whom haven't had the thought, the time, or the want to browse through a German forum to get information needed to fix this issue.

Okay, everyone has this issue with getting their adsense to show up between forum posts (as shown here: http://forum.detectiveconan.ws/showthread.php?tid=2 ) it took me an hour or so of sifting before I figured it out and I'm here to make your lives all the more easy with a handy little tutorial.

1. Upload the Plugin to /inc/plugins
2. Activate & Install via the Admin-CP
3. Configure it with your information, adsense and such and how you want it to display.
4. Edit your Templates of your Active Theme and go to the "Postbit" section.
5. Search for "postbit_seperator" and open it, and if it just has a simple blank image there for the seperator you can replace the whole information with the following code:

<tr>
<td class="trow_sep" colspan="2">{$post['adsaf']}</td> 
</tr>

6. Okay, now save and go to "postbit" and at the end of </table> at the bottom add this code:

<div style="padding-bottom:3px; padding-top:3px;">{$seperator}</div>

7. Save and update "postbit_classic" the same way with the same code as in #6.

8. Save. Now check your site and see that your adsense code is looking properly, now if adsense made it where you as the owner couldn't see how it was displaying I recommend proxeasy or winkproxy as both will show the adsense display.

9. And you're done. Congrats and enjoy Smile

Sincerely,
Heathman

-This tutorial is intended for MyBB 1.4.x & ABSAF 2.2 Plugin. There is a possibility it will work with MyBB 1.2.x & ABSAF 2.0 As I did notice some information on that while I was browsing their website.

It seems I have left a part out of this tutorial:

You add your ad-code in the configuration section of your site. There is a config location for "Ads after first post." you can view the settings. On my forum I have it set to first post and x so many posts, then x so many to 5.
Well nice fix. I have this on my forum as well and I didn't have any errors with it.

http://fgat.in/forum/showthread.php?tid=3