MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some sites have removed the copy rights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
while i was doing some search, i found several sites, which have removed the copy rights of mybb
some are below
http://www.newsheadliner.com
http://www.elrased.com/mybb

ciao
Or try the following Google search. Needs some fixing to make it ignore RC4 versions but gets a few matches

misc.php?action=syndication -Powered-By-MyBB
well it;s not that's i;m searching for them on perpose, !! i found them by mistake !!
i have posted already , a notidication on their forums !! hope they'll listen Smile

bbye
That would be a simple thing to overcome, inasmuch code could be written to routines to check the script that includes the copyright notice, and if it is NOT there, it could prevent MyBB from loading; and post the Error Message......... "Please re-install the copyright notice to your templates" or something else appropriate. Toungue
And then people remove the thing that checks the copyright. It is impossible to stop this using PHP alone. Since it can be edited by anyone then you can't stop people from editing it.
yes that's was i was going to say.
there is no way to stop this Confused as anyone case edit it in case if wad a remote message or an image, or whatever, it's impossible to restrict someone of editing a certain code.

regards
decswxaqz Wrote:And then people remove the thing that checks the copyright. It is impossible to stop this using PHP alone. Since it can be edited by anyone then you can't stop people from editing it.

Whoa! Hold the bus,

It's usually the morons who remove the copyright... Any programmer would have to respect the amount of work that goes into creating something.

They are NOT the target... It's the Joe-Blow who adds a couple of templates or Mods etc and think that THEY created a whole brand new thing that 'belongs' to them.
Ya there should be something in the code tht gives them an error if the copyright isn't there.
While we really appreciate you reporting these sites, we would like you to PM members of the MyBB group instead. We don't want people to publicly slant on others. Thanks Smile
Why don't you set up a form on the main page for that purpose like Woltlab did for their scripts?
Pages: 1 2