MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google Analytics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
DennisTT Wrote:I added my code in the headerinclude template, which is accessible in Admin CP --> Templates --> Modify/Delete --> Expand your Template set --> headerinclude

Liski Wrote:I've got this in the headerinclude

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=$charset" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/general.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?theme=$theme[tid]" />
$newpmmsg

where do I insert Google code?

Unless I'm missing something, doesn't Google ask us to put the code either right before the </body> or after the <body>?
Ok Google says before the </body> so you'll have to put it in the footer template instead. Sorry about that.
Hello,

I just added the new Google Analytics Plugin, but I'm unable to get it to show up in my plugins list. I copied it to the inc/plugins/ directory and refreshed the plugs page on the admin panel, but I still wont come up.

Thanks,

Kage_
Actually, Ive found that if you want analytics to work properly, You must insert the code google gives you before each </body> tag in every major template.

I think thats what it was I had to do, however I just simply put it in the forum idnex display template.
That won't work as the code has to be present in all pages. As Dennis said you can insert the code at the end of the template footer. It's working as that's the way I did it.
Ok,

I'll give that a shot. If it's not working with the plugin then what's the point of it?

Kage_
and the conversioncode?
is it possible to add that to something like a thankyou page so you can trace where the most members come from?

let me know.
thanks.
I have to give up a goal url in google analytics to measure conversion so it has to be the thankyou page.

does anyone knows what the name of the url should be?
thanks
gusto5 Wrote:
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:After $newpmmsg would probably suffice.

Ive confirmed this method works perfectly.

I found this thread very helpful. Thanks everyone.Cool
Pages: 1 2