MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Implementing Shoutbox into Portal.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've searched the entire forum for half a day but can't find the answer I'm looking for.

I've installed and activated the plugin "Shoutbox" (just shoutbox, not SF or AJAX or whatever).

When I go to the settings I can choose between window, index or both. Index works, however I'm still confused what they mean with "window". Is it another word for the portal? I can not find it anywhere nor is it being displayed on the portal when I choose this setting.

If window isn't portal.php. How do I implement it?

I tried putting {$shoutbox} between {$announcements} and {$whosonline} etc but it doesnt show anything once I saved. I also tried moving the templates from global to my theme if it didn't have any referral AND I even created the templates by hand within the portal templates by copying content. But none if it seems to work.

I have the feeling I'm missing something stupidly obvious, please enlighten me. I have been at this since yesterday T_T
Window pop up an external window, Index shows an in-line shoutbox on the index page. I can't get both working but I can take either option ok.
(2009-12-23, 08:05 AM)Katsuki Wrote: [ -> ]I've searched the entire forum for half a day but can't find the answer I'm looking for.

I've installed and activated the plugin "Shoutbox" (just shoutbox, not SF or AJAX or whatever).

When I go to the settings I can choose between window, index or both. Index works, however I'm still confused what they mean with "window". Is it another word for the portal? I can not find it anywhere nor is it being displayed on the portal when I choose this setting.

If window isn't portal.php. How do I implement it?

I tried putting {$shoutbox} between {$announcements} and {$whosonline} etc but it doesnt show anything once I saved. I also tried moving the templates from global to my theme if it didn't have any referral AND I even created the templates by hand within the portal templates by copying content. But none if it seems to work.

I have the feeling I'm missing something stupidly obvious, please enlighten me. I have been at this since yesterday T_T