MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stop Super Mods from Deleting Admin Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-12-31, 03:54 AM)Firestar Wrote: [ -> ]I have had this problem. A plugin would be very helpful imho.

No, the core code should just be fixed instead.

While I agree this should NOT be needed, it should also be correctly coded.
(2009-12-31, 03:11 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think anybody bothered to read my post so I shall repeat myself and with more detail. It is possible to be an admin of a site without being the owner and without having any control over who becomes a mod. If it is the forum I am thinking of, he inherited the admin position after the other staff had already been picked by another person (most likely myself).

And this person has FTP, admincp and ability to add plugins but can't ask other moderators to cooperate? It's not all about control of who is moderator. It's about policies and having a team to moderate together.

You're asking about a plugin which should only be needed if there are communication problems with staff or moderators that are rogue. If the owner doesn't give a crap to deal with problems such as this then that is the real problem in the situation. It's an owner unwilling to enforce things and make good decisions.
its an issue of timing.

if all is well, then you dont need it.

if suddenly a staff member 'goes rogue' for some reason, its too late to add a plugin, when it should be a built in option from the get-go. however i can see the logic of having a plugin that handles this. its is nice and can be added right after initial install, but more things to add that many think should be standard features.

i will add that i had a mod once that did not like some decisions I made and he started deleting all kinds of posts. i finally had to code in functionality to remove the ability to delete posts and only move them for mods and supermods could not delete admin or superadmin posts. this was all before i switched to MyBB.

even with MyBB, I still have the junk type forum that mods are supposed to move things to.
I think a better thing to do is disallow deleting of or modifying the founder's, the creator of the forums, posts as an option through a plug-in and keep things as it is for administrators or make options for both to ensure a safer community. The thing is, most people you may know, even if you trust them, are still able to mess around with your posts in the wrong way before you even know it or be able to fix things just like pavemen said.
(2009-12-24, 12:45 PM)ReDDs Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah! My mod, deleted my whole forum! (Don't know how)
Your stupid...

Sorry but really that's all I got to say. But as the rest said get better staff, if you cant trust your staff than there is something wrong or your posts are bad/not needed.
(2010-01-08, 07:20 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-24, 12:45 PM)ReDDs Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah! My mod, deleted my whole forum! (Don't know how)
Your stupid...

Sorry but really that's all I got to say. But as the rest said get better staff, if you cant trust your staff than there is something wrong or your posts are bad/not needed.

but people get mad and do impulsive things, so its not totally his fault and this feature is good protection against such impulsive actions.

granted, he should be running backups and things like that, but its much easier to limit mod abilities than to go through restores and such.
It doesn't really matter if mods can't delete admin posts, because most of the posts are by regular members. Wink
use Trash Mods Wink
everything goes there, and set it your supermod cannot view of it

:lol:
Pages: 1 2 3