MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why Does YouTube Block Certain Videos and Not Others?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a total of 7 videos uploaded. 6 of them are not copyrighted by me, and of those 6, only 3 are "blocked" videos.

In all the videos that I "don't own", I always put a "I do not own this video, all copyright goes to blah blah blah" disclaimer.

So why are some of my videos that I don't own allowed to be viewed by anyone, and some of the others have been blocked, where's the logic in that?
Because they CAN CAN CAN YOU DO THE CAN CAN!??!

On a more serious note, YouTube is weird that way. Some videos pass, others don't. I don't know if there is a logic to it.
Just because you say who it's copyrighted to doesn't allow you to post it. That's like saying I give out dvds of movie still in theaters but it's ok because on the cases I say it's copyrighted by the company that made it.
They have automated algorithms that check the video and audio against a library of content they have protected. If there is even a partial match they will block or disable the video.
(2009-12-24, 04:43 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Just because you say who it's copyrighted to doesn't allow you to post it. That's like saying I give out dvds of movie still in theaters but it's ok because on the cases I say it's copyrighted by the company that made it.

But it's kinda different at the same time. For instance, some of my videos that are blocked, are clips from TV episodes (free to all, mind you), that are already on YouTube. I just took out a certain clip, and uploaded it.

Now the episode itself wasn't blocked, but for some reason my clip was.