MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: unknown sender email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
anyone knows how to fix this?
update email send to member writes "unknown sender" on the title instead of normal web title..
Others are receiving fine but this happens continuously to one of the member(not sure if the rest are having this problem or not)..
ok, other members are getting "unknown sender" on the email titles still
in the function.php theres this line.. so by right the board name should be used for the "from" sender..

* @param string The from address of the email, if blank, the board name will be used.

also realize that 1 of yahoo member is not receiving the email for pm as well..
anyone know how to solve this?

its all fine until upgraded ..
The same here. Which makes me think it is mybb prob and not host
(2009-12-27, 02:48 PM)vamp6x6x6x Wrote: [ -> ]Which makes me think it is mybb prob and not host

Which is why the vast majority of forums send mail fine... Shy

What's your mail settings and board name set to??
(2009-12-27, 06:11 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-27, 02:48 PM)vamp6x6x6x Wrote: [ -> ]Which makes me think it is mybb prob and not host

Which is why the vast majority of forums send mail fine... Shy

What's your mail settings and board name set to??

php mail
php mail

its been days since the problem occurs, and im eager to solve this problem, if its ok, i can give you access to forum to solve this once and for all, its giving headache and i have no clue at all..

Undecided
anyone? have switched to smtp but its still happening..

it only occurs to subscribed thread notification.. not all notification email appears "unknown sender"
some have some don't..
=/
any kind soul who have any suggestion at all? its been nearly a week.. =/
Please ask your webhost if there are any special parameters that they use to set the outgoing "name" on emails.
(2010-01-02, 07:56 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]Please ask your webhost if there are any special parameters that they use to set the outgoing "name" on emails.

hey dennis,
they reply mail.hostgator.com
No I mean ask them if they have a special way of setting the outgoing "name" for emails. I believe what you've given is the server to connect to.
Pages: 1 2