MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upload a downloaded backup?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used the forum backup system to create a download backup. How do I upload this backup? It is not in my ACP(like the option to click and restore)
[Wiki: Database_Restore] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
When I upload it thru MyPHPAdmin, it only uploads one table...something like "admin log" or something similar.
Is there some sort of error...??
(2009-12-25, 02:03 AM)metalingus903 Wrote: [ -> ]When I upload it thru MyPHPAdmin, it only uploads one table...something like "admin log" or something similar.

If your database is big then u can use this tutorials :- HOW TO MOVE BIG DATABASE

and if small then it seems that your Internet connection or your server connection to SQL is slow that is why u are getting only one table.
I am trying to use MyBB 1.4.11 to backup and then restore on a Mac.

When I am in ACP and use backup (select all tables and have GZIP Compressed on) then perform backup. It downloads a file .sql with no database being detected or done to restore:

CREATE TABLE mybb_adminlog (
uid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
ipaddress varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
dateline bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0',
module varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
action varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
data text NOT NULL,
KEY module (module,action)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

When done with (select all tables and have Plain text on) I have .sql file with all tables in my Download folder, but still not seen to restore.

Database Backup: There are currently no backups made yet.

Do I have to ftp this file ? location...
That message is for ones automatically made and saved to ./admin/backups/, it doesn't know if you've downloaded one via the ACP.