MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just a Small Theme Related Quirk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed this since back in the MyBB 1.2.x days when I was just toying around with it on my local test setup. I see it still exists, so I'll mention it.

On a member's profile page, the columns that are supposed to alternate colors don't alternate correctly in one instance.

Let's look here.

http://community.mybboard.net/user-1.html

The e-mail and private message columns are both the same color. I'm pretty sure that is unintentional.

When we look at the "member_profile" (I think that's the name, but you guys will know which one I mean), we can see why. The fields are coded to alternate between "1" and "2", but one of the fields (whichever is the second) isn't directly listed as "1" or "2", but rather referred to as another template I believe.

So, looking at the template, we see we have this (again, I'm sure you guys will understand the code bits I am referring to offhand).

Field 1=color 1
Field 2=a referenced template (it is apparently listed as color 2 within it's own template, but we can't see that within this template, which leads too the coding for the next having been done like as follow...)
Field 3=color 2 (this causes the problem of both fields being the same color, this should be 1 again [and the rest their opposites too])
Field 4=color 1
Field 5=color 2
etc.

It's a simple change. Just alternate the colors from field 3 and on to the opposite of what they are (make the "1"s to "2" and the "2"s to "1"). This will fix it. It's a very unimportant and small fix, but it'd be nice to see it fixed if/when 1.4.11 or whatever comes out next, since I'm sure it's not unintentionally not alternating for that single and only instance, and I've noticed it since at least the 1.2.x days.
The reason that is, is because the PM field on the profile and the Email field are both user toggleable, meaning they might not always be showing. It's really pointless to try and fix something as trivial as such.
Ah, yeah, I guess that makes sense. I didn't think of that. I was just tossing it out since I assumed the team was overlooking it all this time since, as you mentioned, it is pretty trivial compared to the other stuff that has to take priority.
I reported it as a bug yesterday, in 1.6 some other things don't alternate too. It's a tiny issue but shouldn't be too hard to fix.