MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A sugegstion to all those that request custom plugins here.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
First of all let me start by emphasising that this is not a paid vs free plugins discussion. So please avoid steering the conversation in that direction.

Now, after reading this thread here:

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-61914.html

I think it would be for the best if all of you who will request a custom plugin to specify how you want it. You are willing to pay for it or you want it for free.

By doing so, it will save everyone a lot of time. For ex, if the OP states that he is looking for a free plugin only, then the rest will know where they stand and won''t be linking to the subscription forums and get that what the hell are you doing, I want a free plugin type of harsh replies. Also, it will save us plugin authors a lot of time as well. Say for ex, I see a plugin request topic and I wil know if it is a free or a paid request. And I won't have to ask is this a paid or free request and be greeted with a harsh reply. So I will focus my attention to the paid requests for example. And the good samaritans to the free ones Big Grin

It will save a lot of time and frustration to everyone..
It's kind of odd that this has to be posted.(at least I think it is)
(2009-12-26, 10:02 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]It's kind of odd that this has to be posted.(at least I think it is)

What is kind of odd and why? The thread I liked above explains it why it would be for the best if such a thing was mentioned when requesting a plugin.
Nice spelling.
(2009-12-26, 10:20 PM)Blaine171 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice spelling.

Regards, not reguards.
...typo, Wink
(2009-12-26, 10:09 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-26, 10:02 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]It's kind of odd that this has to be posted.(at least I think it is)

What is kind of odd and why? The thread I liked above explains it why it would be for the best if such a thing was mentioned when requesting a plugin.

No I understand it's just the points are kind of common sense to me. I'm not saying it's a bad thing you posted this. It's just odd that people can't do this without a post.
I will have to say that I agree with babjusi. I know from personal experience that when I requested some hacks and people linked me to the paid forums it pissed me off. But what babjusi said makes perfect sense. I should have said that I was looking for free and not paid hacks.
(2009-12-26, 10:20 PM)Blaine171 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice spelling.

That''s funny coming from someone who has mis spelled his/her signature lol Big Grin
And english ain''t my first language miss/mister grammer teacher so you will forgive me if I make a mistake now and then Wink

(2009-12-28, 12:11 AM)tarekovski Wrote: [ -> ]I will have to say that I agree with babjusi. I know from personal experience that when I requested some hacks and people linked me to the paid forums it pissed me off. But what babjusi said makes perfect sense. I should have said that I was looking for free and not paid hacks.

Exactly what I meant.
Good idea. Should be a rule.
Pages: 1 2 3