MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bandwidth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-12-27, 07:12 PM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]@KuJoe, you said unless they were HD images. What did you mean?

@Duyen, CPU?

1) HD images mean large file sizes. high quality.

like http://www.chrisharrison.net/projects/co...oundBb.jpg

2) CPU the heart of computer. It could make everything slow down basicly.
HD = High Definition
(2009-12-27, 07:22 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-27, 07:12 PM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]@KuJoe, you said unless they were HD images. What did you mean?

@Duyen, CPU?

I knew what HD was =P I was asking how that would affect bandwidth anymore than any other image

What'd he mean by "Use a ton of CPU though"?
(2009-12-27, 07:43 PM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-27, 07:22 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]

@Duyen, CPU?

I knew what HD was =P I was asking how that would affect bandwidth anymore than any other image

What'd he mean by "Use a ton of CPU though"?

Ah that would be a useless post then Toungue

He means it because simply it is larger/bigger image. (In filesize) So it would naturally.

Also by a ton i have no idea Toungue Depends on how its made really. If its not optimized, it will used alot each time its used. But if he is a good plugin maker he would be able to optimize it,
Ah =) thanks for all the help

Lastly.. how much bandwidth is common to have? What's the norm? And what happens when you don't have enough?
The affect that HD images would have on bandwidth goes back to my first post.

When you view a 1KB file, you use 1KB of bandwidth.

HD images are generally HUGE compared to normal images, so instead of getting a 10KB image you'd get a 150KB image. Thus you are using 150KB more bandwidth for every image upload.

Quote:Lastly.. how much bandwidth is common to have? What's the norm? And what happens when you don't have enough?
Depends on the website. The average MyBB forum (and by average I mean average, not new) won't need more than 5GB per month. The average proxy won't need more than 200GB per month. The average static html website won't need more than 1GB per month.
(2009-12-27, 07:52 PM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]Ah =) thanks for all the help

Lastly.. how much bandwidth is common to have? What's the norm? And what happens when you don't have enough?

I have never pasted a gig myself. If your site is big enough, you may need upto 10. After that you should be on a VPS not a shared, and thats a different problem Toungue. If you are on a free host, you will be suspended. If you are on a paid host, most of the time they will bill you for extra used. Some do suspend aswell.
(2009-12-27, 07:55 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-27, 07:52 PM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]Ah =) thanks for all the help

If you are on a paid host, most of the time they will bill you for extra used. Some do suspend aswell.

Well that's assuming your limit is 10GB Wink
(2009-12-27, 07:56 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-27, 07:55 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]

If you are on a paid host, most of the time they will bill you for extra used. Some do suspend aswell.

Well that's assuming your limit is 10GB Wink

What do you mean? Some hosts suspend some charge extra. I said that didn't i?"
Thanks for the friggin' awesome help guys =) You've helped a bunch
Pages: 1 2 3