MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No meta tags with Google SEO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed Google SEO 1.1.8 about a week ago and it says it is working fine, but I checked a few SEO tool sites and they said that I have no meta tags or meta description.
Make sure {$google_seo_meta} is in your headerinclude template.
(2009-12-27, 09:29 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure {$google_seo_meta} is in your headerinclude template.

I just checked its not where do I add it?
Mines on the 4th line down but it shouldn't matter really.
cool thank you. How long before meta tags show up?
Are you sure the meta tags section of Google SEO is on?? It's not showing in your source still. Go to ACP > Configuration > Google SEO Meta > make sure it's set to Yes. They'll show on the forum instantly, don't know how long the site you're sing to track them will pick them up though.
I double checked and it is on.
I hope it is showing up now because I added {$google_seo_meta} to my headerinclude template like you said, and made sure google meta section was turned on
I checked with 3 different seo tools and all say I have no meta tags or description Sad
{$google_seo_meta} is no longer necessary, only older versions of the plugin required this. If you still have {$google_seo_meta} anywhere you can just as well remove it, although it doesn't hurt if you don't, as it will evaluate to whitespace only.

Google SEO adds dynamic meta descriptions to forums, threads, etc. It does not add anything to index or portal, you have to edit the index or portal template for these. In general, Google SEO does not do anything that you can just as well do in templates for the time being.
(2009-12-27, 01:06 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]{$google_seo_meta} is no longer necessary, only older versions of the plugin required this. If you still have {$google_seo_meta} anywhere you can just as well remove it, although it doesn't hurt if you don't, as it will evaluate to whitespace only.

Google SEO adds dynamic meta descriptions to forums, threads, etc. It does not add anything to index or portal, you have to edit the index or portal template for these. In general, Google SEO does not do anything that you can just as well do in templates for the time being.

ok ty, that is useful info since most seo tools only check the page that you give them which is usually the protal/index page.