MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Buttons or Elements Shown Depending on The Rights?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear Guys, hi!

Could you please tell me how can I set up My 1.4.10 so it shows NEW THREAD, NEW POST, REPLY buttons Only to Administrators for example and doesn't show it for regular registered users or guests?

Thank you Very Much!!

Rolleyes
That is the default setting of the board... ask from the support team about this
But it still DISPLAYS IT! how not to display it at all?
Could anyone please HELP me how no to display Reply, New Thread, New Post buttons and Quick Reply Section at all unless you have administrator rights?

I want my forum to turn into kind of a 'show board' that users allowed only to watch but not post anything. But I as admin will have such permission..
You'll need a plugin.
How can I get this plugin? Does it exist? I'm not sure that I'll be able to write plugin myself? Blush

(2009-12-27, 06:10 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You'll need a plugin.
You can try this plugin.
Nice! Thank you!

But when you use it there is also a Reply Button at the bottom of table?

Can you also remove it?

Is this possible to apply it to certain thread or forums? Not to complete forum but selectively?

Thank you

(2009-12-27, 07:06 PM)chishikinohito Wrote: [ -> ]How can I get this plugin? Does it exist? I'm not sure that I'll be able to write plugin myself? Blush

(2009-12-27, 06:10 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You'll need a plugin.
THIS IS PERFECTLY GENIUS! Smile THANK YOU, DEAR RateU!

is there a chance you could also make Thread Rating Option not to display, but only on showthread.php because it doesn't look that good without buttons besides guests can't rate it by default?

and also how could I also hide www and search buttons at the bottom of the page (where reply was) - The point is that if you using it as a 'show board' it is obvious that all posts are done by admin and search button wouldn't make much reason!

Thankfully,

Hito
Pages: 1 2