MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Batch File Uploads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How about this, is there anyway to upload multiple files at once, rather then selecting your file and clicking 'Add Attachment'... waiting, select file, 'Add Attachment' wait... ect. If it doesn't already exist I think this could be a great function for MyBB Smile
This could be achieved by a plugin in few different ways:

1- Each time you browse and select a file to attach, a javascript will add a new selection box for adding a new attachment and you will get a "Add All Attachments" button under it.

2- You could choose a ZIP file in the attachments and when you want to add it, a popup window will ask you if you want all its internal files to be attached separately. If your answer is yes, the plugin will unzip all files as new separated attachments.

Each method have its own advantages and inconvenients but both rely on javascript to work. A third method not needing javascript would be to have 4 or 5 permanently present browse and select boxes for attachments and only the filled ones would be processed. All these methods would need only one request sent to the server...

As you can see solutions exists but each user can prefer a method or an other... Wink
Could anyone tell me how to do the third option mentioned there, the permanent boxes, that would be the best for my situation Smile
My members are interested in such a plugin also. ~Beth
Any ideas how to achieve this?
(2009-12-30, 02:39 PM)Flabaliki Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas how to achieve this?

The solutions would be quite easier with "core files" edition. It could be achieved with a plugin but will necessitate more work than a regular plugin, then it would be a Premium paid plugin for sure.

The process is creating more input tags for inputing the files and modify the new attachment process to proceed with multiple files instead of a single file. Editing the "core files" you replace the single "file input" with multiple "file input" array and in the attachment inclusion portion you replace the single process with a loop process for all inputs. This require some PHP knowledge...

It would have been easier if the developpers at MyBB had anticipated multiple entries and had already included the multi-files process even if only one file was available in the default page...

If you really need this paid plugin to be done just make a request for it at MyBBCodes.com
I just created this in a plugin. If anyone is willing to buy, send me a pm. After a while, I will think of releasing it to the public.
I just saw that you released this plugin Jammerx2, thanks so much, just one issue with it though, I can select multiple files to upload, it works, but they don't show up immediately, I have to click 'Add Attachment' with nothing in the box for it to refresh the page and show the recently attached files, other then that, it's great work.
Or just refresh the page, that also happens without Multi Attachments activated sometimes.