MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding CSS to a custom profile field?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How would i go about adding CSS to a custom profile field?
(2009-12-27, 07:23 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]How would i go about adding CSS to a custom profile field?

What custom profile field would that be?
I am making a tut, and i just need to add a custom profile field. i want to add it in the postbit, and i just want to be able to style it. But i have no idea how i would do that.
You will have to add the style tag to the variable of the custom profile field at the postbit with the property/values that you want to use. Or you can define a css class at the stylesheet and then call it. If you will give me the whole example of your custom profile var that you want to add to the postbit area I can post here the exact code that you should use.
I hope i can do it myself Toungue But so i just only have to make a style tag around it? (I just want to make it simple for others, and many don't know how to work global.css.
Wouldn't you go to the postbit_author template and just add:

<span class="postbit">customprofilefieldthingy</span>

then add to the CSS
.postbit {
       background: #ffffff;
       color: #000000;
       width: 35%; /*Or the necessary width*/
       border: 1px solid #696969;
}
Not the template i will be adding it to, but yup thats what i need, thank you both Smile