MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Media Monkey.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well i was gonna turn this laptop i just got into my main music computer. (And feed the rest of them via a local fileserver) And i have it working now.

It works amazing, and i only got it working with this program. MediaMonkey. I suggest this to anyone who needs a good music management program. It does everything i need (Rip/Organize/Get album art/Fix names/ipod sync)

Its perfect. There are two versions, free and paid. I am buying the paid atm, but i can say the free is amazing!
Just curious, what can I do with this that I can't with iTunes?
Really, its just more organized. (See screenshots)

Quote from http://www.skytopia.com/project/articles...ayers.html
Quote:Perhaps you only care about coverflow or that you can download the latest podcasts. In that case, iTunes is the one for you.
Perhaps you're more interested in Mediamonkey's superior tagging and organizational facilities - then that's the one for you.
Perhaps you're a speed demon that wants all the music formats supported; you can't go far wrong with Winamp.
Or maybe you're after WMP's TruBass/WOW effects or can't be bothered to download another player; WMP is your pot of gold.
Alternatively, perhaps you desire slow and unresponsive bloatware as your interface paradigm... then iTunes... er skip that last one.

(edited to show what the website did)

My point being they all have the strong points, this is just more organized then the rest.
I've almost bought it a few times. But, I'm using songbird now! I like all the little plugins Big Grin.
Winamp.

Nuff' said.
Windows only Sad
(2009-12-28, 04:40 AM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Windows only Sad

Sadly.

@Prowler
1) Get on msn.
2) I agree if you need a good simple player. This is much more advanced.
Try
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.ph...&iId=17896
My recommendations for music players:
- Foobar2000 (lightweight player which does everything I need it to do)
- Winamp (like above better, but this has some features above doesn't)
- MediaMonkey (seems okay, though haven't tried it much - many people seem to like it)
- Songbird (lots of plugins and works on other platforms, does consume a fair bit of resources though (probably still far less than iTunes though Toungue))
foobar/songbird..