MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Success moving servers with mysqldump?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone successfully moved to a new server using a mysqldump. If so what versions of mysql and what type of dump? I keep getting 1062 errors with my attempt.
Yes, I have no problem exporting the database with phpMyAdmin MySQL version MySQL 4.1.14.

I choose "Save as a File" and "zipped". What is the exact error message you are getting, and the exact steps you took to get the error message?
I did my backup through shell. I logged in as the root user on machine 1, and created a mysqldump:

mysqldump --compatible=mysql40 --opt -Q -u_____ -p_____ > pathto.sql

then I ftp'd the backup to machine 2 in ascii mode. I restored the database.

The only problem is the autoincrement seems to be completely disabled. I keep getting mysql 1062 errors. Here's an example of an error received when trying to post a new thread:

mySQL error: 1062
Duplicate entry '0' for key 1
Query: INSERT INTO mybb_threads (fid, subject, icon, uid, username, dateline, lastpost, lastposter, views, replies, visible) VALUES ('2', 'testing ', '0', '1', 'chatzs', '1137735468', '1137735468', 'chats', '0', '0', '1');
Hmm...I'm not too sure about shell, but have you tried doing it with phpmyadmin?
Actually my Plesk control panel isn't working, and I can't get to phpmyadmin (thus the reason for moving to a new server).