MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if someone could help me. I just became an admin of my favorite band's official forum (http://www.alucard.be/forum/) and ever since the other admin did an update a few days ago:
1) the forum has lost it's background
2) some of the users can't log-in (I can't log-out, but that's no big deal)
3) when trying to access a thread from the Main Index it says the thread doesn't exist (you have to go to the main forum for that thread, to get to it)
4) nobody can see the who is online list or member list
5) Posts can't be edited
6) Attachments can't be seen... only downloaded.
7) I can't see the ban options on a users profile anymore.

The Alucard forum was being "attacked" by spam bots and I was made admin to hunt down all of those bots, ban them, and delete all of their posts. I managed to find half of them before the other admin updated the forum in order to prevent future bots.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

-Lady Winter
Moved to support, better home for this than chit chat Smile

First thing you need to do is go through and revert ALL of your templates to default. You're running 1.4 but you still have a hell of a lot of 1.2 templates kicking about and they won't be helping things. Go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Templates > **expand your template set** > Go through every group here and if any have a name in green, click Options > Revert to Original.
Did Matt''s suggestion work? From what version did you upgrade from? Also, try to switch temporarily to the default theme and see if those errors will still continue.
Matt's sugestion fixed a couple of problems... I have limited admin access so I had to have the other admin do it (guess they don't trust me with full access *lol*).

1) the forum has lost it's background
No change

2) some of the users can't log-in (I can't log-out, but that's no big deal)
The users that I was aware couldn't login now can but I still can't log out unless I'm using Mozilla (I tried Mozilla before and I couldn't log out, so I guess it was both a browser issue as well as a forum issue).

3) when trying to access a thread from the Main Index it says the thread doesn't exist (you have to go to the main forum for that thread, to get to it)
Fixed

4) nobody can see the who is online list or member list
We can now see the member list but we still can't see the Who is online list.

5) Posts can't be edited
No change

6) Attachments can't be seen... only downloaded.
No change

7) I can't see the ban options on a users profile anymore.
Fixed

babjusi,
The MyBB version that we were using before was 1.4.9

Here are the current MyBB and Server Statistics that I can see on the Dashboard:
MyBB Version - 1.4.10
PHP Version - 5.2.11
SQL Engine - MySQL 5.0.88
Server Load - 0.45

Could any of the problems we're still having be caused by the fact the we haven't updated the PHP or MySQL?
You haven't reverted everything like I said, your headerinclude is still from 1.2. You need to go through every template group.

1. Looks fine to me, just showing the default theme... what are you expecting to see...??

2. http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42123.html

4. Again, templates.

5. As above, test account needed.

6. As above.

PHP and MySQL are fine, they're much more recent versions than some people run.
Sorry about that... I had limited admin access when I posted that and the other admin said he fixed it. I misunderstood and thought he meant that he had done what you suggested but what he meant was that he had fixed my access so I could do the template reversions. I have now gone through all of the templates and reverted them back to the original... forum looks a bit different than it did before the update, but I think it's better to look a little different than have all the problems. I've looked into the problems we were still having and everything seems fine now. So thanks for the help. I appreciate that and I'm sure the band and the fans do as well.
OK, for the logging in issue, you need to edit your ./inc/settings.php file, change your cookie domain to .alucard.be and your cookie path to /forum/ and then go to ACP > Configuration > General Configuration > make these changes again.