MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: problem big problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.chainsawpartslists.com/forum

what could cause this issue ?

i did a directory home backup prior to trying to upgrade to the latest version and it erased the old version completly

wiped out the previous members etc. so the hosting company tryed to re install the backup but as you can see it did not work correctly cause there is soime things missing

can anyone here help with this ?
What exactly did you do to upgrade?? Just run the upgrade script?? There's no way that would delete any members unless you actually ran the install script. Did you take a database backup yourself before doing this or are you just relying on one they had?? That's far more important than a file backup...
yea i did a database backup as well prior to it and i did run the install script so could that be what happened
Well yes, if you ran the install script you're going to have an empty database, why did you run that?? You run the upgrade.php script to upgrade... it does say this on the Wiki. Email me your backup to matt r [at] mybb oard [dot] net and I'll see why it won't import... if it's incomplete or corrupt you would have lost your forum.

The install script even shows a popup warning saying you'll be erasing data if you run it if there's already a forum installed, did you read that and still OK it...?? Undecided
(2009-12-28, 12:51 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Well yes, if you ran the install script you're going to have an empty database, why did you run that?? You run the upgrade.php script to upgrade... it does say this on the Wiki. Email me your backup to matt r [at] mybb oard [dot] net and I'll see why it won't import... if it's incomplete or corrupt you would have lost your forum.

The install script even shows a popup warning saying you'll be erasing data if you run it if there's already a forum installed, did you read that and still OK it...?? Undecided

i did not see that popup i emailed you that database backup let me know if you get the email well at least i have the members emails all i have to do is email them again and start all over again from scratch

if the forum is lost
The forum is lost. The backup appears to be of an empty forum with 1 user, 1 forum, 2 posts... did you not see this, then??

[attachment=16748]

That shows when you try to install, and you have to click OK to continue.

Also, NEVER try and offer to sell me something in emails when I'm trying to help you again. That's out of order and I will think twice now about answering future threads you make.
If your db backup is made properly then everything will be fine. Do you have another backup btw? if you don''t, try to ask your host. Most hosts worth their salt should have one.
(2009-12-28, 01:08 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The forum is lost. The backup appears to be of an empty forum with 1 user, 1 forum, 2 posts... did you not see this, then??

That shows when you try to install, and you have to click OK to continue.

Also, NEVER try and offer to sell me something in emails when I'm trying to help you again. That's out of order and I will think twice now about answering future threads you make.

thats just a signature that is on that email i removed the signature thank you for letting me know of that signature it appears that the hosting company has everything figured out now

now for the update do i just update it in the upgrade folder ?

i rather have someone upgrade it for me someone that has done this before
Didn't appear as a signature to me, it quoted and appeared as normal text which isn't how sigs are normally handled.

To upgrade you just need to go to ./install/upgrade.php and choose your old version from the list, if you've got a backup now it'll be OK if it goes wrong again; upgrading is quite a simple process though.
where do i get the upgrade files from instead of the complete package when i downloaded the 1.4.10 version it said to load all the files into the forum directory so that is what i did after i did the backup

but during this using filezilla it was overriding the old files is this normal for it to do that ?
Pages: 1 2