MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Betting system for new points
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i need a betting system for soccer match...

look the attachments for info

thanks in advance
I know MyPS has one.
i tried to search it with google... but nothing
Just to inform the administrators here :

Quote:Sports betting is the general activity of predicting sports results by making a wager on the outcome of a sporting event. Perhaps more so than other forms of gambling, the legality and general acceptance of sports betting varies from nation to nation. In the United States, the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act of 1992 makes it illegal to operate a scheme except for in a few states.
ermh... sorry... i'm italian xDD not american...
(2009-12-28, 10:58 PM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]Just to inform the administrators here :

Quote:Sports betting is the general activity of predicting sports results by making a wager on the outcome of a sporting event. Perhaps more so than other forms of gambling, the legality and general acceptance of sports betting varies from nation to nation. In the United States, the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act of 1992 makes it illegal to operate a scheme except for in a few states.

Which would apply, only to actual money. Fake money purchased through donations or earned through whatever activity is legal whatsoever. Also, assuming his site is hosted in the USA.
MyBBoard.net is hosted in the USA...
(2009-12-28, 11:26 PM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]MyBBoard.net is hosted in the USA...

Look at the laws seeing if linking to it.
Also read the other half of my post.
We are not betting on anything right now. It is the issue of the person who has it on their forums as to whether or not betting is illegal.

Please stop discussing the fact that it is illegal/legal now. Thanks. Smile
If it is a betting system linked to the points system then it would be fine so it would not be illegal,
But if it was linked to real money and no tax was getting paid then it would be illegal as you would need a licence to run a money betting system if you ask me

But i would like a betting system linked to the point system as it would help my site
Pages: 1 2