MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: version of mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Starting with Mybb 1.0, the exact version of the software is no longer displayed at the bottom of the pages to prevent hackers have extra information about the copy of mybb that is running.

However the exact version can be seen by just going to the admin/ directory of the forums. That will present the admin login form and in the bottom it'll show the exact version.

My suggestion, as you may be guessing now, is to remove that information from there Wink
I suppose you are right, even though we encourage people to change the directory of their admin panel. Maybe we should force users to change it?
Peter Wrote:Maybe we should force users to change it?

it'd be nice. I don't think it would be very difficult for the installation scripts to randomly change the name of the admin dir and change the templates acondingly. Also, the user could be prompted about the name of the admin folder in case a random name doesn't suit him/her.
or just not show it unless its a moderator or administrator...
I changed it a while ago so on the login page the version number is not displayed, but it will be displayed again once you login.
Quote:or just not show it unless its a moderator or administrator
blah!, doesn't make sense. once you log in as an admin, you can see the number, so there's no point in showing it depending on if you're an admin or not
Quote:I changed it a while ago so on the login page the version number is not displayed, but it will be displayed again once you login.
thanks Wink