MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alternative way of downloading plugins at my forum.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To whom it may concern.

After I announced that I would go paid at my forum, i.e. that only those that would donate no less than 6 euros would have access to my plugins area, I was contacted in private by several users who proposed that I should allow an alternative way to download the plugins by means of posts.

I decided to go for it. So a modest number of 15 quality posts will give you access to the plugins area at my forum. The accounts will be updated manually after verifying the posts.

Thank you for reading this thread.
6 euroes or 15 posts?

Wow, but I think that is way too low. Maybe 150 posts or so is equivalent to that.
(2009-12-29, 12:38 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]6 euroes or 15 posts?

Wow, but I think that is way too low. Maybe 150 posts or so is equivalent to that.

I don''t know if that was meant ironically but if it was, then please cut out the bullshit and keep the wise lime remarks to yourself. You don''t see me trashing your threads, so do the same, will you?
(2009-12-29, 01:07 AM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-29, 12:38 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]6 euroes or 15 posts?

I don''t know if that was meant ironically but if it was, then please cut out the bullshit and keep the wise lime remarks to yourself. You don''t see me trashing your threads, so do the same, will you?

I don't think it was, but you should make the posts higher, as you'll have less sales as people can do 15 reasonable quality posts fast.

Good luck with it though Smile
It wasn't meant ironically.

Labrocca offers a $5 subscription for 100 posts. 6 Euros is equivalent to $8+, so it should be 150 posts. Of course, he has more plugins than you, but if you plan on continuing to develop I think 100 posts for now and 150 in the future is fair.
(2009-12-29, 01:58 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]It wasn't meant ironically.

Labrocca offers a $5 subscription for 100 posts. 6 Euros is equivalent to $8+, so it should be 150 posts. Of course, he has more plugins than you, but if you plan on continuing to develop I think 100 posts for now and 150 in the future is fair.

In that case I appologize. My bad for misunderstanding your post. No hard feelings I hope Smile
It's alright.
@ Zash i don't think he does the 5 dollar yearly one anymore. I think its just 10 dollars lifetime.
So 100 posts for 10 dollar subscription. (Last time i checked at least)
When I joined to MyBB, Labbrocca was making that deal of 100 posts in exchange of a $5 subscription (or was it lifetime?).

But anyways, babjusi you're asking for too little IMO.
The thing is that people must be appreciative and grateful from their nature and not because they will be ''forced'' to so to speak. Anyway, I will not set up a subcription nor set a post limit anymore to download the plugins that I have created. The exception will be the ones that I did as paid.

It is a shame though cos I had started to work on 2-3 big plugins that I think would have been widely used but it ain''t worth it. Until now it has been a one way street and I don''t think that it will change.