MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb seo plugin problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed mybb seo plugin with all files including robots.txt...In my Google webmaster tools it says that there are 63 pages restricted by robots.txt

Should i delete robots.txt?
Thanks
As long as only the pages you want to be restricted are listed there, everything is fine. Otherwise you should adapt your robots.txt to only restrict the stuff you don't want to be listed/crawled by Google.
Restricting newreply is fine since no bot is ever gonna write a reply. I wrote Google SEO because MyBB (Spicefuse) SEO didn't meet my requirements. It also seems to be unmaintained.
(2009-12-29, 01:14 AM)DTS Wrote: [ -> ]You wrote Google seo?
What are the difference beetwen them?

In short, everything. Because he keeps up to date. The other hasn't been updated, in a long time.
If you keep the rewrite rules of the other SEO plugin, Google SEO can redirect them to their new names. The sitemap should also help with indexing, as it tells search engines about interesting URLs directly, without relying on a crawler to randomly find stuff.