MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade to 1.4.8 failed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I tried to upgrade from 1.4.7 to 1.4.8, but encountered the following problem. After running the upgrade script, this message is shown:

Settings Synchronisation

The board settings have been synchronised with the latest in MyBB.

171 new settings inserted along with 0 new setting groups.

To finalise the upgrade, please click next below to continue.

Now, if I look at the admin interface (or in the database), all settings are doubled. The new settings are exact copies of the old settings except for the sid fields, which are different

What's the problem, any ideas?
Why on Earth are you upgrading to 1.4.8?! That's over 6 months old, has a known security vulnerability, and 1.4.11 was just released!! Revert to the 1.4.7 backup you made, and upgrade to 1.4.11.
I thought, I have to update to 1.4.8 through 1.4.10 before updating to 1.4.11? At least, in the 1.4.8 update there are some files which are not included in the 1.4.11 update.

Or do you mean, I should download the full version and copy it over the existing installation? Wouldn't I loose any settings or template changes if I do it that way?
You can just use the full 1.4.11 package, upload the entire thing over your current files and then run the upgrade script, should be explained on the Wiki...
Ok, I'll try that tonight, thank you! I thought, the Wiki howto applied only to changesets...

So, as far as I understand, the only files I have to save are in inc/language?
As you're upgrading from 1.4.7 I'd download all your current files first. Do you need to save the language files because you've made changes to them??
Also make first a thorough backup of your db and don''t overwrite the settings.php and the config.php files.
I tried to upgrade tu 1.4.11 as recommended above, but there is still the same problem: all settings are doubled.

Quote:171 new settings inserted along with 0 new setting groups.

I'm using PostgreSQL, BTW.

Edit: Actually not all settings are doubled, but some of them. I had 202 Settings before upgrade. After upgrade 171 new settings are created. I could delete all new settings by something like

Quote:delete from mybb_settings where sid > 290;

but I'm not sure if the upgrade script adds some new settings which are really needed and something may get broken if I delete them.
Why do so many people have problems with PgSQL? I've used PgSQL 8.1 for a few different projects with no issues at all, though I much prefer MySQL myself Undecided
No new settings have been added, you should be able to run a query like that, but backup the table first just to be safe. PostgreSQL isn't as well tested as MySQL as it isn't as easily setup, need to do something about that.