MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Patching, for someone who's a bit behind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've fallen behind on keeping my forum up-to-date. My current version is 1.4.3. I see incremental patches for each step back to 1.4.4-to-1.4.5, but not one for 1.4.3-to-1.4.4. If someone could point me in the right direction (either for said missing incremental patch, or instructions for one big patch all the way from 1.4.3 to 1.4.11), it would be appreciated.
:|

You are very lucky not to have been hacked. Seriously, you've been vulnerable to some serious issues now for a long time.

Backup database and files, download 1.4.11, upload the entire thing so it overwrites your current files, run the upgrade script.
Meh I am still running 1.4.9 to lazy Toungue. I will upgrade soon Big Grin.
I think you are safe with 1.4.9 seeing the fact that the last 2 releases were maintenance ones.

@Rhainor, before you upgrade, it would be best to make a thorough backup of your db first.
(2009-12-29, 04:29 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]:|

You are very lucky not to have been hacked. Seriously, you've been vulnerable to some serious issues now for a long time.

It helps that the board in question never had much activity to speak of, and hasn't had any at all in months. Toungue I just moved everything to a new webserver, and I figured I might as well get MyBB up to date while I'm at it.

MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Backup database and files, download 1.4.11, upload the entire thing so it overwrites your current files, run the upgrade script.

Thanks!
(2009-12-29, 05:04 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]I think you are safe with 1.4.9 seeing the fact that the last 2 releases were maintenance ones.

@Rhainor, before you upgrade, it would be best to make a thorough backup of your db first.

Erm, 1.4.11 was a minor patch and security update.
(2009-12-29, 07:48 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-29, 05:04 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]I think you are safe with 1.4.9 seeing the fact that the last 2 releases were maintenance ones.

Erm, 1.4.11 was a minor patch and security update.

My bad for this one. I assumed that 1.4.11 was a maintenance release as well.