MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PSD to CSS.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.medialab.com/sitegrinder/overview.php

Quote:SiteGrinder 2 turns Adobe Photoshop into an easy-to-use and powerful website design and production tool. It’s true! In fact, a SiteGrinder 2-equipped designer with no HTML expertise needs only their Photoshop skills to go from design concept to full deployment of a professional, standards-compliant website in just minutes with no programming whatsoever … and they do it all from within Photoshop. SiteGrinder 2 takes care of everything, even ensuring cross-platform browser compatibility. Best of all, pages created with SiteGrinder 2 retain the exact look and layout of the parent Photoshop file from which they were created.

Amazing!

From their site.

Thought i would get a decent reaction here. Saw it on Redds site.
I read about it once, but I don't really like code generators Toungue Nothing will ever beat manually coded markup and CSS!! (Or I hope so lol)
It's hell to work with it.
You know photoshop will code your design for you? Just use the slice tool to slice the parts you want then click "Save for web or devices" (in file) and then when you click save make sure you select "HTML and Images". From memory it can output both a table or CSS structured design but the CSS was just done using absolute div's so it would be better to use tables.
(2009-12-29, 09:56 PM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]I read about it once, but I don't really like code generators Toungue Nothing will ever beat manually coded markup and CSS!! (Or I hope so lol)

Depends on if you want to always edit your code through a WYSIWYG editor or not Toungue. Because if you do the way the code looks doesn't matter to much now does it.

Also TimB. is right it's been a feature for awhile now actually.
They way code looks is even more important than the result =D (lol maybe not). But a WYSIWYG won't be making a clean markup, and worst, a semantic one (at least the way I like my markup).
(2009-12-29, 10:31 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Also TimB. is right it's been a feature for awhile now actually.

Even before it was in Photoshop I'm pretty sure it was in a program called Image Ready which was bundled with Photoshop.
Ya, but image ready was combined with photoshop with CS3.
The problem is div isn't as set in stone as tables. While this is nice when developing things in the long run it's the not always the easiest to set up.
(2010-01-21, 08:30 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is div isn't as set in stone as tables. While this is nice when developing things in the long run it's the not always the easiest to set up.

Sig. Reported a while ago.
Pages: 1 2 3