MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A couple of problems with my forums.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I just upgrade from 1.4.8 to 1.4.10 and everything went good.

However, I have a couple of problems:

1) When a PM is received, 2 unread PM message alerts are displayed.

2) I installed the plugin "Ads after first post" and its displaying 2 ads stacked on top of each other after the first post.

and I also wanted to know if you could edit the defaults on user profiles. I know there is a plugin made by DENNISTT, but it's not doing what I want. I want to be able to edit the check boxes like, "Would you like to receive emails from Admins", "Notify me via email when I private message is received", etc.

Thanks in advance.
1. In your header template you'll see two instances of {$pm_notify}, remove one.

2. In the postbit and postbit_classic template you'll see two instances of a variable like {$adsafp}, remove one.

3. Edit the usercp_options template and member_register for the registration page.
I was able to do the first two, thanks.

I wasn't able to change the register options though.

Here is the usercp_options & member_register templates. I tried changing the value to 0 and 1 and it didnt do nothing.
Quote:<tr><td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="pmnotify" id="pmnotify" value="0" {$pmnotifycheck} /></td><td><span class="smalltext"><label for="pmnotify">{$lang->pm_notify}</label></span></td></tr>

Quote:<tr><td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="emailpmnotify" id="emailpmnotify" value="0" {$emailpmnotifycheck} /></td><td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="emailpmnotify">{$lang->email_notify_newpm}</label></span></td></tr><tr><td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="invisible" id="invisible" value="1" {$invisiblecheck} /></td><td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="invisible">{$lang->invisible_mode}</label></span></td>
No that won't do anything, that'll change the value of it when it's selected, put that back to what it was and put checked="checked" into the one you want to have selected. If you want to have these turned on though, they should be turned on by default anyway...
The first quote has the value as 0 and the second one as 1, but I've tried 0 for both valves and 1 for both values and it doesn't seem to change anything. What am I doing wrong?
Did you see my post...??
(2009-12-30, 12:03 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No that won't do anything, that'll change the value of it when it's selected, put that back to what it was and put checked="checked" into the one you want to have selected. If you want to have these turned on though, they should be turned on by default anyway...

Thats what I thought, but when I click register the checkbox for PM notification via email isn't selected. I don't think I've changed the setting anywhere. Is there not a area on the admincp where you can edit these settings? Or are these changes only made in the templates.
(2009-12-30, 03:31 AM)proautotint Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-30, 12:03 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No that won't do anything, that'll change the value of it when it's selected, put that back to what it was and put checked="checked" into the one you want to have selected. If you want to have these turned on though, they should be turned on by default anyway...

Thats what I thought, but when I click register the checkbox for PM notification via email isn't selected. I don't think I've changed the setting anywhere. Is there not a area on the admincp where you can edit these settings? Or are these changes only made in the templates.

GOt it. Thanks
Oh, email, sorry I read it as the banner in the header. Are they both set how you want them now??