MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IE8 register issue.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well recently a friend of mine could not register at all when using ie8.

It kept saying things like passwords do not match.

He tried opera and it worked fine.

Mybb version: 1.4.11

Theme: sleetcut
I'm assuming there's a login box always showing in the header, IE doesn't like it, you'll need to remove it.
Well, i signed up on ie 8 and it worked, i also logged in on ie 8 in the login box and it worked fine, my forum and nbks by the way.
IN IE8 works fine, but NOT in IE6 and 7 ....
Can you show a screenshot?
I can't no, but i think NBK can.
(2009-12-30, 02:21 AM)alvarorojas4 Wrote: [ -> ]IN IE8 works fine, but NOT in IE6 and 7 ....
Can you show a screenshot?

You mean you tried in ie 7 and it didnt work?

Anyways I can't get a screenshot right now,but from what I am getting from many members when they try to register the password part is saying they didn't enter the same thing.
Oh, yeah I think IE8 is fine with these login boxes, older versions don't like it. It's because there's then 3 password fields on the registration page, the two on the form and the one in the login box, and because the one in the login box is empty, it says they don't match. If you type the password into the login box too, and then submit the registration form, it usually works, but that's a silly thing to tell new members to do... best thing to do is remove it and replace it with a link to ./member.php?action=login, or try and use the default MyBB quick login as that doesn't have this issue.
(2009-12-30, 12:22 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, yeah I think IE8 is fine with these login boxes, older versions don't like it. It's because there's then 3 password fields on the registration page, the two on the form and the one in the login box, and because the one in the login box is empty, it says they don't match. If you type the password into the login box too, and then submit the registration form, it usually works, but that's a silly thing to tell new members to do... best thing to do is remove it and replace it with a link to ./member.php?action=login, or try and use the default MyBB quick login as that doesn't have this issue.

I just did that mate I will tell you if it fixed it later(getting a friend to test for me).