MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I would like to learn more about MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to learn more about MyBB
If some has time to teach me maybe through Remote Assistance, Remote Desktop or another method I really would like to learn how it all comes together. So in the future maybe I could help and help others. I would like to create my own plugins also. I have a few Ideas for plugins.

I do not have lots of programing knowledge last bit of programing i ever did was small things in GW Basic you know the old 10 print stuff.

I have been trying to lean php on my own with software like

1. Sams teach yourself video learning (PHP and MySQL)
2. Lynda.com PHP with MySQL Essential Training
3. Lynda.com PHP MySQL Beyond Basics

So if there is someone willing to help a beginner like me i would appreciate it very much.
PM me, post or email if you have time and would like to help me.

I think MyBB is the best free forum software around and I would love to be apart of it. even if it is in some small way.
Tizag's was great to help me learn the basics of PHP, and w3school has a great list of string functions and small little snippets that I try to implement on my website.
I would help via forum ( http://avdose.sfh.cc/forum/ ) or via MSN, WinLive
Looking at plugins also helps alot. Better if someone can explain to you what does what also.
(2009-12-30, 03:37 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at plugins also helps alot. Better if someone can explain to you what does what also.

One thing more.. Think like a hacker... Analyze every bit of PHP code inside MyBB
(2009-12-30, 03:39 AM)n1tr0b Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-30, 03:37 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at plugins also helps alot. Better if someone can explain to you what does what also.

One thing more.. Think like a hacker... Analyze every bit of PHP code inside MyBB

I found that does nothing actually. Because the way it is set out, if you don't know much or any *Like i did Toungue* the code is just rubbish.
I have been trying to study the code and looking at the templates. Its like fly blind when your not sure what direction your going.

I have learned that files/pages are built then brought into other pages with php so they can be used over and over with out having to be built for every page. that's very basic lolololol

that's what i learned by studying

i agrea with Mark.M when he said " if you don't know much or any the code is just rubbish." and " Better if someone can explain to you what does what also"
If you can do what i did for CSS and html. It helps alot.
I would like to to be able to fix my own problems if i can do that then i can help others
I got an idea for a tag cloud plugin i know there are a few out there like labrocca's and Watt's i got scrips and files but have no clue how to turn in to a plugin
(2009-12-30, 03:48 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-30, 03:39 AM)n1tr0b Wrote: [ -> ]

true one must have knowledge over php a little bit...

I found that does nothing actually. Because the way it is set out, if you don't know much or any *Like i did Toungue* the code is just rubbish.
Pages: 1 2