MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RedBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1907543

Just say'n.

Combus bro thats part of his header image. Also dude, if you post looking for CC be ready to take it.
Jeez its not finished. And i used afresh icons to make it look better for now as id rather not have stinkin ugly blue icons and i dont have photoshop atm. Wow...and I thought all the hated people had left this forum.
Well, first of all. I think I owe you an apology Lyndon. I'm sorry ok. It just pisses me of when someone take too much inspiration, or accidentally end up looking like another theme.

Now time for some honest feedback. Is not that it looks that bad. I just find that the bright red on the dark background, and the thick black borders is kind of hurting my eyes. And I find the borders around the tables a bit to thick and dark.

On the menu, the white stripes are too contrasting, the white is ok for text, as that's what you want to emphazise, but not for the separators, besides, it doesn't look good.

About the panel, I've seen others trying to make that sticky on the top, and I've seen them fail too. It's way too annoying to scroll down and see that thing following on the top. We reade from top to bottom, so that is a huge obstacle on reading what you want.
(2009-12-30, 03:48 PM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]Is not that it looks that bad. I just find that the bright red on the dark background, and the thick black borders is kind of hurting my eyes. And I find the borders around the tables a bit to thick and dark.

I agree, the borders are too dark. However, the only way to use rounded corners correctly on the tables is to use a border on the .tborder class. I don't know any other way to get rounded corners working but if someone has a solution, I'd like to try it.

(2009-12-30, 03:48 PM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]About the panel, I've seen others trying to make that sticky on the top, and I've seen them fail too. It's way too annoying to scroll down and see that thing following on the top. We reade from top to bottom, so that is a huge obstacle on reading what you want.

I think a huge improvement would be to just remove the 'stickiness' of it and leave it at the top.
._. It's pretty simple to make rounded corners by making 3 images, that's how I do it.
(2009-12-30, 08:49 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]._. It's pretty simple to make rounded corners by making 3 images, that's how I do it.

...and then editing every single template to make it consistent across the whole board? No thank you.
If you use a gradient but cut off the top, then you can use the bg as the top gradient to avoid the image going over the rounded corners.
Pages: 1 2