MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum e-mailing me of a problem......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My forum keeps e-mailing me of a problem after I upgraded to 1.4.11. Here is the e-mail:

Quote:Your copy of MyBB running on Ded OutDoors (http://www.dedduck.com/forum) has experienced an error. Details of the error include:
---
Type: 2
File: member.php (Line no. 1447)
mktime() expects parameter 4 to be long, string given

How can I fix this? Everything seems to be normal.
Bump..... still doing it..... sometimes 150 e-mails a day.
If it's been sending 150 emails a day why did you wait 3 months to bump?? Confused

Run this query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `birthday` = '' WHERE `birthday` = '-';
Thank you for the reply........ I searched the other forum posts for some kinda clue...but no such luck. The e-mails are easy to delete. I didn't want to pester or bug busy people with a comparatively non-life threatening problem.

Where do I run the Query?
Sorry for my lack of skill.....nonetheless ExCELLenT forum software!!!!!!
(2010-03-28, 07:06 PM)mallard Wrote: [ -> ]Where do I run the Query?
Sorry for my lack of skill.....nonetheless ExCELLenT forum software!!!!!!

Go to your hosting control panel . Click PhpMyAdmin -> your forum database name -> and click SQL
Thank you!!! I did just as you offered.....
I didn't see any noticeable problems with the forum before....just annoying in the amount of e-mails that it generated.

Thank you very much for your time!!!!
Can I just ask if you merged your forum from another forum software at any point?? Just asking as this seems to be a common issue with forums that have been merged.
Yes we did.... we merged at least 5 XMB forums into this new "Super Forum".Other than a couple hiccups migrating all the users from the other XMB's.... it seemed extremely revolutionary in it's ease of operation. I don't think we could have accomplished this with ANY other forum software.
We had been using XMB for over 10 years. Now we will NEVER switch to any other than MyBB.
Also.... we did have to update each of the XMB forums to their latest version in order to merge with MyBB. That was the reason we merged to MyBB...... the future of XMB didn't look too promising.

Well.........just received 2 more e-mails from the forum....so I assume the fix didn't work......or I applied it wrong.
I did this:
Quote:Go to your hosting control panel . Click PhpMyAdmin -> your forum database name -> and click SQL
and pasted in this:
Quote:UPDATE mybb_users SET birthday = '' WHERE birthday = '-';

and the e-mail said this:
Quote:Your copy of MyBB running on Ded OutDoors (http://www.dedduck.com/forum) has experienced an error. Details of the error include:
---
Type: 2
File: member.php (Line no. 1447)
mktime() expects parameter 4 to be long, string given

Might of slowed a few down.........still received 42 e-mails last night. That is a start.
bump.....
Run this query:

SELECT COUNT(*) AS badbirthdays FROM `mybb_users` WHERE `birthday` = '-';

What's the result?? Should get a small table with a heading of badbirthdays, what's the value underneath it??
Pages: 1 2