MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Phone Phreaking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyway to stop getting your phone phreaked is you can't change your number?
Your question doesn't make sense. Can you rephrase it?
If people are calling your phone saying obcene things and leaving threats and spoofing the caller ID is there anyway to stop them without changing your phone number?
Most phone providers have block lists (usually you can access them on the Internet or by calling them).

If they are threatening you then call the police.
Change your number, its easier. If the person is smart they will use an offshore service, with proxy, making it months before anything happens if it does at all.
(2009-12-30, 11:29 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Change your number, its easier.

That's the extreme, last resort option... changing your number means that you have to change it everywhere you have ever used it, and your friends and family have to know the new number. Not worth it.
(2009-12-30, 11:48 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
That's the extreme, last resort option...

I don't think there is much else he can do though, I am guessing most of these calls are from random people with a grudge against him on the internet. I doubt the same people will be calling him more than once so blocking specific numbers will do nothing. The cops can't do anything either, a portion are probably offshore and they are all going to cover their tracks pretty well.

How about you change your number and learn your lesson not to do stupid things next time.
Well if you managed to piss off a bunch of people, then change your number. I thought it was only for 1 person.
(2009-12-30, 11:56 PM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-30, 11:48 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
That's the extreme, last resort option...

I don't think there is much else he can do though, I am guessing most of these calls are from random people with a grudge against him on the internet. I doubt the same people will be calling him more than once so blocking specific numbers will do nothing. The cops can't do anything either, a portion are probably offshore and they are all going to cover their tracks pretty well.

How about you change your number and learn your lesson not to do stupid things next time.

qft.

Really. Its Karma bro.