MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New User Needs to Install MyBB on Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am brand new to MyBB and need to know which folder(s) to install MyBB in.

Kind regards,

David
Not to sound rude or anything, but have you read the instructions? They really aren't that difficult to understand. My advice is to browse around the MyBB website pages (not just the forums here) and see how useful and helpful they really are for everyone.
What do you mean by which folders...?? On your host you'll have a folder called html or public_html or something like that, either make a folder called forums or something in there or put the files directly in there...
(2009-12-31, 03:56 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Not to sound rude or anything, but have you read the instructions? They really aren't that difficult to understand. My advice is to browse around the MyBB website pages (not just the forums here) and see how useful and helpful they really are for everyone.

I did look for instructions, but gave up after I could not find them. Can you please tell me where they are?

Thanks

Dave
There's a folder called 'Documentation' in the download package... didn't see that?? Undecided Also the Wiki... [Wiki: Installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) Where exactly did you look if you didn't find either of these...?? Huh
Not meaning to sound rude, but if you don't know where to install the forums, why are you trying to run a forum? Everyone has to know what to do before starting forums by reading the documentation again and again.