MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: FAQ on MyBB 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Can't wait for this day!
You were bragging to release mybb 1.6 by the end of December and now it is 2 months later and still no mybb 1.6. Maybe in the summer Big Grin
I don't believe we 'bragged' about anything, we said we hoped to, and I believed we hoped for a beta then, not to release it. This is why we don't set proper release dates.
What stages does software generally go through before it's publicly released. I know it normally goes through alpha, beta and release candidate stages, before it's gold released. Butwhat standards does the software have to satisfy before it's moved through from one stage to another?
The team looks at it, and then the SQA i assume that would be the Alpha. Then a private beta, then public past that i think an RC or release. Not sure if MyBB will have RC's.
(2010-02-25, 11:12 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]The team looks at it, and then the SQA i assume that would be the Alpha. Then a private beta, then public past that i think an RC or release. Not sure if MyBB will have RC's.

What exactly is an RC?
Release Candidates.
Looked Release Candidates up on wikipedia, now I understand, thanks.
Is mybb 1.6 in either a private beta or release candidate stage now?
As far as I know, only Staff Members can use it, unless you get the SVN.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17