MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: FAQ on MyBB 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Hello All,

First appologies.. I have reported this as a bug and was told it is not a bug, and sent here.

I have successfully installed MyBB on my server, everything works BUT the catcha.php image does NOT load for new users to register.
This renders the entire software useless now.

I have checked and everything seems fine... this is a fresh install, and all CHMODs were done. I even reinstalled.

Please help, what could have been done wrong? I added a banner image but nothing else.
See for yourself.

http://knightsofmars.com/kom/forums/member.php and register... broken image with a question mark. =(
(2010-03-12, 09:55 PM)lan7 Wrote: [ -> ]Will there be an improved User Activation system?
In vBulletin you can mass validate users, unfortunately with MyBB, it must be done 1 by 1.

Thats a good idea
(2010-03-12, 10:04 PM)mars Wrote: [ -> ]Hello All,

First appologies.. I have reported this as a bug and was told it is not a bug, and sent here.

I have successfully installed MyBB on my server, everything works BUT the catcha.php image does NOT load for new users to register.
This renders the entire software useless now.

I have checked and everything seems fine... this is a fresh install, and all CHMODs were done. I even reinstalled.

Please help, what could have been done wrong? I added a banner image but nothing else.
See for yourself.

http://knightsofmars.com/kom/forums/member.php and register... broken image with a question mark. =(

If you mean 1.6.... You aren't supposed to be using it.
3 months later now and no beta. It is starting to look like Smf with their 2.0 version lol.
(2010-03-22, 04:00 PM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]3 months later now and no beta. It is starting to look like Smf with their 2.0 version lol.

No SMF released a buggy and slightly not finished software (I believe Beta 2 had added features did it not?) for 3 versions. MyBB set no date, nor released. Its done when its done, is what they say. A beta will come when its ready.
The date was always tentative, that's the whole reasoning behind us not settings solid dates. Would you rather we released buggy software as a beta or made it a bit more stable first??
(2010-03-22, 06:00 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The date was always tentative, that's the whole reasoning behind us not settings solid dates. Would you rather we released buggy software as a beta or made it a bit more stable first??

It don't matter. betas are expected to be buggy. And last year the staff said the first beta was expected by the end of December and now 3 months later nothing. It would have been better not to give out release dates, tentative or not. Do so when you are sure.
(2010-03-22, 07:47 PM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]It would have been better not to give out release dates, tentative or not. Do so when you are sure.

Then people most likely go on about wanting "some idea" or "even a guess" or "an estimate" on when, more than likely. Seems like a no-win situation, to be honest.
I think they set a date if you look, i believe it was was a few years after a staff members death, Toungue
(2010-03-22, 07:47 PM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-22, 06:00 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The date was always tentative, that's the whole reasoning behind us not settings solid dates. Would you rather we released buggy software as a beta or made it a bit more stable first??

It don't matter. betas are expected to be buggy. And last year the staff said the first beta was expected by the end of December and now 3 months later nothing. It would have been better not to give out release dates, tentative or not. Do so when you are sure.

I am sure the management staff know, approx, but MyBB is free!!!! You have waited 1 year for MyBB 1.6, a few more months won't hurt.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17