MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: FAQ on MyBB 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
I've tried the 1.6 SVN build and it looks pretty good. Although the one thing I find very annoying is the hover effect on the template names. Is there any reason for this?
(2010-01-09, 03:47 AM)computergeek67 Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried the 1.6 SVN build and it looks pretty good. Although the one thing I find very annoying is the hover effect on the template names. Is there any reason for this?

To quickly see all the templates in the list. I found it annoying not to be able to see which exactly what templates were in the sub categories from the front page.
It would be nice if they were displayed unconditionally i.e. without hover, then you could do ctrl-f and find the template you're looking for. the hover effect adds a lot of noise to the page if you move your mouse pointer around...
(2010-01-10, 12:59 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]It would be nice if they were displayed unconditionally i.e. without hover, then you could do ctrl-f and find the template you're looking for. the hover effect adds a lot of noise to the page if you move your mouse pointer around...
+1 to that.
Or the old "expand all" option, if the code for that I stuck in still exists.
(2010-01-11, 03:58 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-10, 12:59 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]It would be nice if they were displayed unconditionally i.e. without hover, then you could do ctrl-f and find the template you're looking for. the hover effect adds a lot of noise to the page if you move your mouse pointer around...
+1 to that.

I agree. Maybe a click on the title opens the list of the templates via js, that could work too.
(2010-01-11, 03:58 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]
+1 to that.

It was removed simply because it took up waayyy too much space horizontally. That would be a massive amount of templates to display & compute.

Since there doesn't seem to be any better ideas I may just remove the effect. Plus this really isn't the place to discuss a specific feature anyway.
I honnestly can't wait to see it! Big Grin I am really looking forward to it Big Grin
Thank you.
My questions got answered with this thread.
I hope all the tests go well.
If I may ask,are any of the current css classes going to be changed? I ask because if they aren't I do not see why 1.4 themes will not work on 1.6 after some minor tweaking.
They will work with minor tweaking. There were a few classes added don't know any being changed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17