MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What to do with extreme popularity of facebook? - maybe MyBB have solution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I started my board 2 years ago, when facebook was not popular in my country. There was only a couple of people on this site. My board was popular. Nothing extreme, but when I open it I saw some new posts... Now facebook is too popular, by alexa rating is on second place by numbers of visits. In my study a lot of people spent more than 90% of time on the facebook and only 10% on other sites (I'm talking about time on internet).
Some members from my forum and I found a problem why our board is not popular anymore - and reason was because users simply doesn't use google for free exploring or seek for cool websites. Now I want to give back popularity to my forum. I will need to win facebook (I'm optimist but this is impossible) or to make my forum to work with facebook. i want to found other solution but no luck. If you know something teel me I'll be happy

I want to integrate (or call it whatever you want) my board to facebook. So when somebody post something other friends to be informed about it using wall, notofications or something other. Also I'm interested for anyway linking facebook with my forum. If you can write some custom mod, tell me what it should do, and I'll buy it from you.

I now use IPB 3.0.5 but converting forum to other software is not problem. I hope that MyBB have some mod/plug-in that can help me with my problem Smile
I heard about MyNetwork, a paind plugin for mybb.
(2010-04-22, 11:12 PM)iagovar Wrote: [ -> ]I heard about MyNetwork, a paind plugin for mybb.

vaporware
(2010-04-22, 11:16 PM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]vaporware

Toungue

It's released alongside 1.6, or whenever Tracker comes out of beta. Whichever is sooner.
IPBoard 3.1 is supposed to have tight Facebook integration.
Why not make a Facebook page since users are there anyway. Making a facebook page will have with the popularity of your website.
(2010-04-23, 02:57 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]IPBoard 3.1 is supposed to have tight Facebook integration.

It's pretty mint. I opted to go for the full whack.
(2010-04-23, 04:00 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-23, 02:57 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]IPBoard 3.1 is supposed to have tight Facebook integration.

It's pretty mint. I opted to go for the full whack.

I want this NOW! Angel
me to Sad