MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 01/01/2009 - 01/01/2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
01/01/2008 - 01/01/2009

Between these two dates, I've kept every email I've received from various forums/websites. The majority of course are from MyBB related sites. I subscribe to every thread I post in and get instantly emailed about replies. That's just what I do.

Other sites include TAZ, our beta testing forums, a few competitors' announcement forums - just so I can keep up to date with things, MyBB Central, LearnMyBB and MyBBSource.
Also other non-MyBB related sites, which in the last year has increased.

So here's how it played out when I went cleaning my Gmail box.
Start:
You are currently using 620 MB (8%) of your 7406 MB.

After deleting my personal forum's emails and purging trash folder:
You are currently using 603 MB (8%) of your 7407 MB.

After deleting DI.fm related emails and purging trash folder:
You are currently using 595 MB (8%) of your 7407 MB.

After deleting 3744 Facebook related emails and purging trash folder:
You are currently using 576 MB (7%) of your 7407 MB.

After deleting 3382 emails from a forum I like to read up on occasionally and purging trash folder:
You are currently using 564 MB (7%) of your 7407 MB.

And last, but certainly not least (for labels), after deleting 6209 MyBB related emails and purging trash folder:
You are currently using 488 MB (6%) of your 7407 MB.

After deleting other random emails I will never need again and purging trash folder:
You are currently using 483 MB (6%) of your 7407 MB.

And that's after trying to cut down last year...
I just did my annual inbox clean out Smile

I create a new label in Gmail for 2009, and I put ALL of my emails into that label. So my inbox is nice and empty again, but my old emails are all still on file if I want to search for them (and since Gmail offers so much space, why not?)

Ah, nothing like the refreshing feeling of an empty inbox :p
I'm using 1045mb of my gmail inbox and have almost 2000 emails. I never delete anything as with 7gb there is no need and I rely on old emails a lot.
I have like 1000000+ emails.
I have all my email accounts downloaded into iMail. I get alot of spam...and facebook...and other stuff
Arbitrary amounts of emails have nothing on my mail that I actually go through. ;p

I now have just over 2,300 emails. That includes Gtalk conversations though. Smile
I have about 600 hotmail messages I need to go though, been putting it off for months and obviously it's just kept growing. I'm not looking forward to it.
I did my clean out, i am down to 4000 emails, not including facebook/host/domains/

Yea....
I converted my 4GB PST to 2GB and 4 IMAP accounts. Big Grin
Yahoo! claims to have "Unlimited" space, so I never bother with it. Toungue My Gmail though is usually cleaned out once in a while anyway.
My cell phone hates me... I have it set to only download the headers for the e-mails that arrived in the last 24 hours and I've attached a screenshot of one of my accounts.
Pages: 1 2