MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Missing File Error - File Not Actually Missing Though.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi. First time i have set up a forum.

My forum is located at forums.rctgeneration.comuf.com

The missing file is /forums/inc/languages/english/global.lang.php but when i look through my ftp file manager it actually exists. Look below.

[Image: Untitled.png]
[Image: Untitled1.png]

Not so sure what i have done wrong...
Oh, and my forum version is 1.4
Looking at what you've provided, you sound correct. I would contact your host to see what's wrong.
If only there was a salute smiley, i would use it - cause im onto it.

Thanks!
What's ./inc/languages/ and ./inc/languages/english/ itself CHMOD to?? Should be 755. If they are 755 then yeah, something odd is happening with your host.
From the screenshot the permissions and file owner are correct. I would try deleting and reuploading just that file. If that doesn't resolve it then I would contact the host.
A bit off topic, but are you the same rsw686 from smf?
(2010-01-01, 08:11 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]A bit off topic, but are you the same rsw686 from smf?

Yeah I'm the same person. I started with SMF for The Reptile File and then upgraded to SMF 2 beta as I need paid subscriptions. Since it took over 2 years for them to get to RC I switched that forum to vBulletin and haven't done much with SMF since. vBulletin has now made a mess with version 4, no IE6 support, full of bugs, admin control panel still is crappy, and the price went up. I was looking at starting another forum, Aquaria Talk, and wanted to go a different route which is how I came upon myBB.
(2010-01-01, 08:20 PM)rsw686 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-01, 08:11 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]A bit off topic, but are you the same rsw686 from smf?

Yeah I'm the same person. I started with SMF for The Reptile File and then upgraded to SMF 2 beta as I need paid subscriptions. Since it took over 2 years for them to get to RC I switched that forum to vBulletin and haven't done much with SMF since. vBulletin has now made a mess with version 4, no IE6 support, full of bugs, admin control panel still is crappy, and the price went up. I was looking at starting another forum, Aquaria Talk, and wanted to go a different route which is how I came upon myBB.

I thought I recognised you. And I know what you mean as I did the same with my forums. You made the right choise with Mybb if I may say so. Welcome aboard Smile
(2010-01-01, 02:24 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What's ./inc/languages/ and ./inc/languages/english/ itself CHMOD to?? Should be 755. If they are 755 then yeah, something odd is happening with your host.

In the screenshot is shows the permissions to be "rw-rw-rw" which is read and write for all 3 of them, and I think that turns out to be "666" which would be fine
(2010-01-01, 02:24 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What's ./inc/languages/ and ./inc/languages/english/ itself CHMOD to?? Should be 755. If they are 755 then yeah, something odd is happening with your host.

.Inc/languages is 755
.Inc/languages/English is 766 and I just changed it to 755,but I can't view on my mobile.can someone please look for me? If not I'll look when I get home.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3