MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal Drag n Drop Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2010-01-03, 12:53 PM)duyen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-02, 06:48 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-02, 11:38 AM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol @200 hours, it should take no more than a week to create at max. Either way, too much time to spend on a free plugin. And it's not saved into templates, there would have to be extra columns in users saving their position for it.

I had originally thought he meant for Admins to be able to do it. But for each user to have it custom would mean adding a CUSTOM template field into the user table... or at least that's how I would do it.

You guys aren't reading my post. I asked for the data to be stored LOCALLY in COOKIES.

I'd make this myself but I don't know how to do the drag and drop. I'd be more than willing to help with the storing & retrieving data from the cookies.

Retrieving the data from cookies takes no effort... And why would it be set in cookies, that is really stupid. If the user clears their cookies their settings for it will be lost.
(2010-01-03, 03:48 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]Retrieving the data from cookies takes no effort... And why would it be set in cookies, that is really stupid. If the user clears their cookies their settings for it will be lost.

Agreed, the only reason I can think to store it in cookies would be so that it stays reordered even when they're not logged in. The db is a better solution than cookies.

This would be a lot simpler than I had originally envisioned, due to the OP not exactly being clear on what he was looking for. Still, I've got too much of a backlog right now to take on another.
I don't think you guys understand. I am REQUESTING it be done in cookies.

Cookies would be stored as a list like 3|1|5|2|4 - each number correlating to a box. Then you could you'd use strpos to figure out which goes where.

If it is a logged in user another cookie would store a hashed form of the user's ID (md5 of their id using there password as the salt, perhaps?) Their settings would be stored in the database and the database would be checked if the user has no arrangement cookies but they are logged in.

___

This is how I'd like it to work. Smile
Except it isn't that simple. And if you've customized what boxes you have at all the plugin would need to be coded specifically for your boxes. But yeah. Good luck on finding someone to do this.
The boxes aren't customized at all. I'm not a noob at the programming, I've done most of it all ready. I just don't know how to do javascript drag and drop. A guide would help but no one's linked me. Something like what cPanel uses on the dashboard would be perfect. Big Grin
(2010-01-03, 05:40 PM)duyen Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you guys understand. I am REQUESTING it be done in cookies.

Cookies would be stored as a list like 3|1|5|2|4 - each number correlating to a box. Then you could you'd use strpos to figure out which goes where.

If it is a logged in user another cookie would store a hashed form of the user's ID (md5 of their id using there password as the salt, perhaps?) Their settings would be stored in the database and the database would be checked if the user has no arrangement cookies but they are logged in.

___

This is how I'd like it to work. Smile

Why would you use strpos? That would be a terrible way of doing it, it would be better to do explode("|", $mybb->cookies['order']); then use a foreach and create each item in the order it is set. I still don't understand why you would want it to be stored in cookies, if the user clears their cookies they have to set it again.
WhAt you only need a drag and drop jscript as you could create a php refrence to point to a custom template telling it to go to the drag and drop jscript if so I could give you that script know it would take me like ten mine just to reconfigure it for mybb
Someone already linked a javascript for you btw..
Pages: 1 2 3