MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PokePlaza Theme!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Probably my best so far.
What do you think?

http://f.imagehost.org/0340/pokeballtheme.png
A theme is more than a background image.
As labrocca said, you're going to need to put a lot more detail into these. Paint can do the same job.
Dude, this isn't even a dev. its a picture...
(2010-01-02, 03:03 AM)Skyance Wrote: [ -> ]Dude, this isn't even a dev. its a picture...

And? I can post a picture of a PSD and then update as I go.
(2010-01-02, 03:24 AM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]And? I can post a picture of a PSD and then update as I go.

But this 'designer' has posted at least four pictures of extremely bland and uncompleted psd's. I'd like to see him code something.
(2010-01-02, 04:08 AM)computergeek67 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-02, 03:24 AM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]And? I can post a picture of a PSD and then update as I go.

But this 'designer' has posted at least four pictures of extremely bland and uncompleted psd's. I'd like to see him code something.

True, I was just wondering why Skyance said "it's just a picture". I doubt it's photoshop what Konaa is using, the corners..well they speak for themselves.
The usernames kind of sounds like a she, but you can't tell nowadays Toungue

Anyways, it doesn't matter if it's an image, a PSD, if it's not sliced, not coded, not for MyBB etc. The fact, is that all this designs posted by the user in matter of hours... sucks, I could go into detail with that, but most of us know it, and I'm pretty user the user is not willing to accept any suggestion.

There is NO way, the user is an "expert" making themes for another script, if he/she/it can't get a rough design concept straight and descent. That's not script specific. So IMO, we should just ignore the user, since he/she/it have shown that's not really willing to take any advice, so it doesn't really matter if he/she/it have coded it or not, the design itself still sucks.
Instead of telling this kid he sucks I'd like to encourage him to just do more. Who can tell if he can make a good mybb theme just based on these images? I certainly can't. He is like 5% complete so it's incredibly hard to judge imho. If he were a regular designer that had released material it might be easy to spot his direction. For all we know he'll screw up the css and the buttons really badly.

But still...I just want to see him do more. So OP...if you're reading and not chased away yet. Take some hours and start coding it into MyBB and make a demo. You'll get better feedback on your designs if you do.
I have released a skin.
I also have coded 2 exclusive skins.