MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remember to Change Your Copyright Lines!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Haha, somebody reminded me about this.

If you aren't dynamically displaying your copyright, make sure to update your Copyright © 2009 to Copyright © 2009-2010 Smile

If you are using PHP, you should add in this code if you haven't already:

Copyright © 2009 - <?php echo date("Y") ?>
meh what's the point on loading it dynamically? Just a simple number change, and you only do it once a year for god sake. I know MyBB uses this, but that's another story, as this is a forum software that is used by thousands of people, some of which just don't have patience to change 09 to 10.

Wait so I just need to put
Wherever I want? Does the file extension needs to be .php?
(2010-01-01, 11:34 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]meh what's the point on loading it dynamically? Just a simple number change, and you only do it once a year for god sake. I know MyBB uses this, but that's another story, as this is a forum software that is used by thousands of people, some of which just don't have patience to change 09 to 10.

Wait so I just need to put
Well if you own a bunch of sites then it gets boring to have to change it in all of them.

And yes, you must have .php for that to work.
(2010-01-01, 11:34 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Wait so I just need to put

That change goes into a template usually, or an existing php file. Smile
There should be a template variable built into MyBB that outputs the year to solve this issue because realistically your template users aren't going to update the copyright on their sites for you.
Or MyBB could release an update that changes this.

Obviously it should include other fixes as well, since this alone isn't worth the version number bump.
MyBB already has a variable. It's the same one for the Powered By copyright.
I was gonna say, weren't you talking about non-MyBB pages in your original post Zash?
I was just speaking generally Smile